CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lobster Anyone? Portland, Maine








Hi friends! Flat Stanley reporting in from Portland, Maine. What a great place. The people here are very friendly, the teperature is cold and the scenery is beautiful. I arrived late at night, but got up early and made some picture stops. I hope you like them. Portland is a really nice city. I stayed downtown right near the harbor. I walked to the harbor to see if I could meet a lobster. Guess what, I did. He was huge and cost $9.99 per pound I had my picture taken with him. I was told that the price goes down as the summer months start to arrive. The harbor is beautiful. All of the boats were there. Some had snow on them still. I was also able to meet some really nice people during my stay in Portland. Here I am with my new friends from the visitors center. Look at me, they are holding me in front of a giant map of the state of Maine. Maine is very big, but has a smaller population than most other states. Do you know what the capital of Maine is? It's not Portland, it is Augusta. Well, I hope you like the new place I visited. Stay tuned....my travels are coming to an end and as I promised, I will be traveling around my current home of Tyrone, Georgia to get a few pictures before I make my travel via the USPS back home to my creator Erin Welling. Hi Erin....see you soon...

0 comments: